Throughout the course of history, ozone therapy has been successfully used to treat a wide range of different conditions. This therapy has recently gained new popularity because the discovery was made it was also effective for treating the symptoms of aging. When the amount of oxygen in your blood is increased, the tissues throughout your entire body are effectively oxygenated. In addition to having an extremely positive effect on the way your skin looks, it also assists with the healing process of your body. Oxygen provides support for the detoxification of your liver, assists your immune system and has anti-aging benefits. In most cases, the delivery of ozone is intravenous. Below is more information about the benefits of ozone therapy at our practice in Indianapolis.
For therapeutic purposes and to obtain the best possible results, ten sessions of ozone therapy in Indianapolis are generally recommended. There are millions of individuals all over the world relying heavily on antibiotics every year for the treatment of numerous different illnesses. The main issue is although antibiotics are extremely beneficial for certain infections, they are unable to make any difference when the infection is viral. Unfortunately, this type of infection is what most often causes the flu. Another issue with antibiotics is although they will kill off all of the bad flora, they also kill the good flora in your body as well. This can substantially weaken your immune system. Ozone is classified as an antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial agent.
One of the best alternative options for antibiotics is ozone therapy in Indianapolis. This is because ozone does not have any of the toxic side effects found with antibiotics. When ozone is administered for a preventative measure, the therapy provides valuable protection for your body. Eventually, this can prevent you from needing antibiotic treatment. The first time this type of therapy was used for medical purposes was in the mid-1800s. This was when operating rooms began using ozone for sterilization purposes. As time passed, ozone started being used to treat a large variety of different illnesses such as tuberculosis. Today, ozone is commonly being administered to enhance anti-aging.
As both ozone and oxygen enter your blood, an anaerobic environment is created. Anaerobic mechanisms such as fungi and bacteria will not be able to thrive in this type of environment. Even though inhaling ozone is dangerous, when it is contained in your blood the properties prevent any harm. There is a lot of research currently being conducted regarding ozone. The new facts being discovered have revealed therapy using ozone is actually a safer option than conventional medicine. The individuals with the highest risk of becoming ill are frequent travelers. This is due to a combination of their hectic schedules, varied sleeping patterns and the recycled and low level of oxygen found in the airplanes. This weakens their immune system making it much easier to become sick.
This is especially true for travelers who never seem to stop running. Obtaining ozone therapy in Indianapolis both prior to and after trips is strongly recommended. This is because the therapy will provide a boost to your immune system prior to leaving. This enables your body to fight off the stress and contaminants of traveling a lot better. Ozone therapy is just as important during the course of the winter months. This is a good alternative for getting a flu shot. Both the flu shot and therapy are preventative measures to help prevent you from coming down with the flu. The difference is therapy also acts as a buffer for the numerous contagions most individuals are exposed to during the winter. This therapy also has a very interesting side effect of a clearer complexion. There are numerous individuals who have therapy just for this reason.
Whether you are fighting premature aging, working extremely long hours or traveling, this therapy is an option you want to at least consider. The benefits your immune system receives from the boost of oxygen is a much healthier option than traditional medicine. This type of therapy is effective for numerous preventative and health issues including:
- Helping for preventing and fighting off infections
- Helpful for the treatment of psoriasis, acne and wounds
- Providing support for cancer patient therapy
- Helps support cardiovascular disease therapy
- Helps with the management of stress and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Strengthening your immune system
- Supports therapy for diabetes
- Improving circulation issues
- Helpful for joint stiffness
- Effective for anti-aging because the aging process is delayed
- Helping for cleansing your liver
- Useful for controlling or preventing allergies
- Helps with the treatment of rheumatic illnesses
- Helps with viral illnesses including the flu, cold sores, shingles and hepatitis B and C
There is a lot of promise for decreasing the risk of complications for individuals with diabetes using this therapy. Oxidative stress within the body is responsible for many of these complications. Therapy can bring fresh, new oxygen to the tissues and blood to help individuals with diabetes achieve a much better outcome. Another issue associated with diabetes is the poor healing of wounds. A study conducted in 2015 showed this therapy may be helpful for repairing both the tissue and the skin. There are also benefits for individuals with an immune disorder since therapy often stimulates the immune system.
The Process of Ozone Therapy in Indianapolis
If you are interested in having therapy, your first step is talking to a medical professional at our practice in Indianapolis. If you decide to proceed, you will be provided with the information you will require to prepare for your treatment. In some instances, the therapy is provided by taking blood from your body prior to mixing in ozone gas. The blood is then replaced in your body. If this is the method that will be used, the best way to prepare is by getting a good night’s sleep the day prior to your treatment. You should consume a healthy breakfast the next morning. Drinking plenty of water is also recommended. There are several different methods for receiving this therapy. You will discuss the best option for your treatment with the medical professional.
There are three different ways ozone therapy can be provided. The method we use at our practice in Indianapolis is intravenous. This method is used for internal disorders. The gas is generally dissolved into the blood you have already given. Once the dissolved gas has been injected into your blood, an IV is used to replace the blood back into your body.
There has been a lot of research conducted regarding this therapy. Many of the results were very promising. There are clinical trials currently in progress for everything from arthritis to HIV. A clinical trial conducted in 2017 showed ozone was effective for helping individuals with cystic fibrosis and COPD. Research is also in progress for individuals with inflammatory diseases such as arthritis in the knee. Individuals suffering from herniated discs may also see benefits from receiving therapy. The popularity of using ozone for dentistry is increasing for both disinfecting equipment and helping with teeth cleanings.
The Benefits of Ozone Therapy
Ozone therapy is considered a medical process for treatment. Ozone gas is natural and contains three oxygen atoms. The normal oxygen you breathe in on a daily basis only has two oxygen atoms. This makes ozone an efficient way to increase your oxygen level for your entire body quickly. When you increase your level of oxygen, your body can fight against numerous dangerous diseases much more easily. There are a wide range of benefits resulting from this therapy including:
- An Easy Treatment Process: One of the best benefits is the treatment process is not only easy but completely painless. The ozone gas must be placed into your blood for you to receive the benefits. This is accomplished by taking a small amount of your blood, dissolving in the ozone gas, then using an IV to replace your blood right back into your body. The entire procedure only requires a very short period of time.
- The Anti-Aging Benefits: Ozone increases your cell’s use of oxygen throughout your body. Improving your oxygen utilization is extremely important for achieving optimal health and anti-aging. When your body does not have enough oxygen, your cells are unable to produce enough energy to decrease the signs of aging or help you remain healthy.
- Eliminating Viruses and Bacteria: Numerous different medical conditions can be effectively treated with this therapy. This is because it immediately kills both viruses and bacteria. Bacteria have a cell membrane naturally broken down as soon as ozone is added to the blood. The bacteria are destroyed prior to being eliminated from your body. The same thing happens to viruses because the multiplying protein cells are attacked.
- Increasing Your Antioxidants: Even though ozone is technically an antioxidant, your enzyme systems will still be stimulated to produce antioxidants naturally. This is an important mechanism for anti-aging effects and the prevention of chronic diseases using ozone. It is incredibly hard to get all of the antioxidants your body needs orally. This is because your body also produces free-radicals which increase due to medications, alcohol, stress, a poor diet, etc. Your body requires a lot of antioxidants to quench these radicals. Ozone stimulates the ability of your body to effectively produce as many antioxidants as you need.
- The Stronger Immune System: To fight off nearly every dangerous medical issue, your body requires a strong immune system. Ozone improves your immune system because additional protein molecules called cytokines are activated in your body. These proteins are critical for the regulation of your immune system. This means even an inactive immune system can be stimulated to fight off infections. Several autoimmune diseases can be treated by controlling an overactive immune system. This process also helps with the elimination of both inflammation and pain.
- Decreasing Pain: Ozone can eliminate or significantly decrease numerous instances of chronic pain due to the way it impacts your pain receptors. Chronic pain is one of the signs your oxygen utilization is low in the area your pain is located. The ability of ozone to increase your oxygen utilization and delivery makes it an ideal option for eliminating or fighting chronic pain.
- Increasing Your Energy Levels: Every cell in your body requires oxygen for proper functioning and survival. As your body begins to age, your cell’s oxygen levels can become depleted. This is because only a small part of the oxygen you breathe is sent to your cells. Ozone immediately increases your red blood cell’s oxygen levels. The extra oxygen is transferred to all of your other tissues and cells. Once this occurs, you will see a dramatic improvement in your energy throughout the day.
- Detoxification: Ozone is extremely effective for neutralizing toxins. This means they become much easier for your liver and kidneys to process. This includes toxins normally produced by your metabolism, heavy metals, chemical toxins and biotoxins including mold and Lyme.
The conditions benefiting the most from ozone include:
- Lyme disease
- Chemical sensitivities
- Bio-toxin illnesses including mold toxicity
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Macular degeneration
- Circulation disorders and heart disease
- Auto-immune disorders
- Improves the efficiency of oncologic therapies for cancer
- Chronic viral infections including hepatitis, CMV, (mono) EBV, HPV and herpes
This treatment is an excellent way to help prevent numerous chronic diseases and support a healthy aging process. To learn more about ozone therapy, feel free to visit The Guyer Institute of Molecular Medicine in Indianapolis. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!