Shockwave therapy is a type of non-invasive procedure that is recommended for fast pain relief. The therapy is a kind of sound therapy that is often used in different fields of medicine such as urology, physiotherapy, veterinary medicine, and orthopedics. The treatment can be used to treat chronic and stubborn tendinopathy that may not respond to the standard therapy sessions. This type of therapy is ideal for individuals who have been diagnosed with chronic tendinopathies such as Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow, calcific tendinitis on the shoulder, and jumpers’ knee.
How Does the Therapy Work?
Shockwave therapy works by placing a device on an affected area to release a series of acoustic wave pulsations directly through the skin. The shockwave is created by a metal device that is forced down a metal cylinder. The metallic cylinder features an applicator that transmits the wave energy from the device to the affected area, thus triggering biological processes to create a therapeutic feeling on the affected area.
Benefits of ShockWave Therapy
This is a cost-effective procedure that comes with many benefits. Some of the advantages of using this treatment are:
- It is a non-invasive treatment: This ensures that you do not get scars after the procedure.
- The treatment has no downtime: The main factor that makes shockwave therapy a favorite for many people is that it is non-invasive, which means no downtime is required.
- Shockwave therapy is a quick pain relief treatment. New scientific research has shown that this therapy is an option for fast pain relief.
- It is used to cure different indications that can lead to chronic or acute pain. Shockwave therapy can be used to treat various conditions.
- It does not require anesthesia or medication. Many surgeries that deal with tendinopathy require the use of anesthesia and other procedures.
Are you interested in shockwave therapy? If you are, our team at The Guyer Institute of Molecular Medicine can help. We are proud to offer shockwave therapy to our clients in a professional manner. Contact us today to book an appointment at our office in Indianapolis and get started. We look forward to hearing from you!